Re: [DML] silly question...

In Dream Maker (IIRC) there's an account of a time when DeLorean basically appropriated some 16 cars when the company was in trouble. He definitely took several for himself and they ended up on his ranch back in the US. One of these cars is now owned by Dave Howarth of DOC UK and is one of the finest examples of a DeLorean anywhere in the world. Again
IIRC it has fewer than 200 miles on the clock, and has never been registered in either the US or UK. It has a non-stock exhaust and sounds fantastic. There's a recording of it on the website, as well as pictures.

I don't know if he still has a DMC12 but I don't think so.

Martin
www.delorean.co.uk