Re: [DML] Re: Tow Dolly v. Car Carrier

Seems everyone has posted about this subject. I can add this having used
Uhaul trailer, yes it does work but is a tight fit. I have a 16' car trailer
I bought just for my D. One note, if you use a trailer .... Make sure you
have the car centered, both front and back and to a small part side to side.
Be aware that the best way to strap it down is to cross the straps. (ie..
make an x with them in the front and rear). Rear is easy to do. Takes long
straps to do this with the front. This will prevent the car from shifting
from side to side. Also make sure to put the car in 3rd gear and put on the
emergency brake. Drove from middle TN to Mobile,AL with the car note quite
centered from front to rear. Had a lot of time with trailer shimmy at 65+
mph.( seemed like dancing with a fat women, not a lot of fun) Thanks to
Scott M. who helped me load it in AL. After finding the sweet spot on my
trailer marked it for the future. I can now drive my car onto the trailer
,strap it down and be on the road in under 10 min. Good luck.
Bruce Battles
Vin# 06569