Re: [DML] Delorean on NOS

On Tue, 16 Jan 2001, Don Ekhoff wrote:

> Also both turbos were frozen (over rev?). Anyway to my surprise the
> engine itself was fine with the pistons still looking like pistons and

You would have to dismantle the turbos to be sure; overrevving is
possible, so is inadequate lubrication and/or cooling. If the turbos were
overrevved you are lucky the engine was not damaged in the process.

Since the DeLorean doesn't have turbos stock, I would be concerned about
the installation of the turbo setup. Maybe they screwed it up somehow.

When installed properly, NOS is not harmful to the engine. The trouble is
that it is so easy to install it improperly, by not adding sufficient
fuel, that it has a bad reputation. IMO this bad reputation is entirely
due to user error and not to any fundamental problem with NOS.