Re: Escaping from a rolled DeLorean

If I was still concious and had the presence of mind I think I would
first try to open the door. Just imagine hanging upside-down by your
seat belt, when you cut it you will wind up lying on the ceiling. All
you need to really complete this if it hasn't already happened is to
have small pieces of glass everywhere. If the door isn't jammed then
you ought to be able to force it open enough to get out. As you open
the door it will force the car over giving enough room to escape. If
the inertia switch worked and unlocked the doors then a passerby could
open the door from outside. BTW some seatbelts will not release if
there is force on them, to get out you MUST cut the belt that way if
you are upside-down you won't injure yourself further by unfastening
the belt. The first responders are supposed to extricate trapped
occupants. Maybe we should paint a big X on the bottom of the car and
say RESCUE-CUT HERE.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

Just my sense of dark humor