Re: [DML] Gold DeLorean for sale

There was some discussion on the DML a while back about the gold car, this one in particular and someone (Stian?) said that when it was built the hood was damaged and a new one was gold-plated for it. I said that I thought it was one of the doors, and from the looks of the second photo in the link below, it was the door that was re-plated and replaced. Also, this is NOT the only gold-plated car with the tan interior, the one in the National Automobile Museum in Reno, Nevada also has a tan interior.

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company
Houston, Texas

281/568-9573
800/USA-DMC1
http://www.delorean.com

FYI The 1983 Gold DeLorean is for sale in Maryland for $250,000.
VIN #20105. Check out the link:
http://bigtexas.com/dmc/gold/
Best wishes,
John Dore, Ireland.