Re: Lowering the Front Springs

In my opinion...it's not worth doing. You can't just take the springs
off and cut them with a hack saw, torch or cutoff wheel. You have to
bring it proffesional so that they can cut them down perfectly and
flaten the ends of the spring after it's been cut. This alone would
cost more than just purchasing a set of lowered springs from a
Delorean parts dealer. The lowering springs that they offer are
specially engineered for the delorean and are made from scratch (not
modified OEM springs). I also don't suggest lowering the rear. If you
talk to Rob at PJ Grady he can tell you why (his green delorean is
lowered both in the rear and front). Save yourself the Headache and
money, purchase the lowering shocks from a Delorean vendor, they will
be the right ones that you need. Rob and DMC Joe sell the front shock
set for $195 and they are powdercoated. You can use your existing
shocks with the springs, but they do offer specially designed (custom
made) front and rear shocks that deliver better performance. A kit
for all four shocks and set of front springs are available from them
too.

Steve