Re:Cutting Springs

In a message dated 1/3/01 10:48:04 PM Eastern Standard Time, Whalt@xxxx
writes:

<< the instructions in Delorean World are for cutting the rear springs and
then putting them on the front. I suppose you could take an educated guess
and do some trial and error. But your best bet is to buy the lower spring. >>

I think most or all knowledgeable D mechanics would agree that the new
springs are the only way to go. I've seen the article in DW and as I recall,
it was from several years ago. If it were written today, it would likely
feature the installation of made-for-the-purpose springs that are now
available. The best and most accurate information can nonetheless be
superceded when a better product or method, especially one fielded by
knowledgeable DeLorean professionals, comes along. Even with a twenty year
repair history, there are always improvements and new products being
developed. Another plus for the DeLorean marque!

Wayne A. Ernst
vin 11174
The New DeLorean Manuals Project