Re: New Poll / What number owner are you???

Re: New Poll / What number owner are you???

> I'm not sure if this Poll has been conducted before but....go to
> http://www.eGroups.com/surveys/dmcnews?id=479443 to tally up what
> number owner you are for your car!

I just put in my vote for this poll, but it got me wondering...
I'm the current owner of VIN# 05141, I know I'm the 3rd DUTCH owner,
that the guy I bought my car from (2nd Dutch owner) aquired it
in 1996 and that it has been in The Netherlands since 09-11-1994 at
least, brought here from the USA by/for the 1st Dutch owner.

That's as far as I have been able to trace its history.
I've allready had someone try and run the VIN through CarFax,
but the search turned up empty.

What I'm really asking is if anyone on this list happens to be
familiar with this car and/or its history...

If anybody has any tips on tracing this I'd also be glad to know.
When nothing turns up I won't really mind either: to me owning,
driving and working on the car is more important than knowing its
complete story.

To be complete here are the specs of my car:
VIN# SCEDT26T9B005141
Built Oct. 1981
Grooved hood, no flap
Manual Transmission
Grey interior

Most updates have been done and look like they were done while the
car still was in the USA (Judging by some of the parts used).

Thanks in advance for the effort,

Jan van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000