Re: Auto Zone Gas Lines

In a message dated 12/30/00 12:40:33 PM Eastern Standard Time, SGSKBM@xxxx
writes:

<< I replaced the line with ones that I bought at Auto Zone and
I have lived happly ever after, until now. I am wondering if they
really do require special lines that were manufactured by a Delorean
supplier. >>

I save myself a lot of wondering by simply buying my parts from a DeLorean
supplier in the first place. They KNOW what makes a difference, and what
doesn't. My first car was a forgettable Opel Kadett made in the late '60's.
If it was something I still had and wanted to drive, I'd be hard pressed to
find parts, and always wondering if my scrounged up parts were appropriate.
With the DeLorean, we're blessed with not just an ample supply of parts cars
and used parts... a miracle in itself, but a huge NOS parts warehouse and
several full service vendors, all of them reputable. Sure, a few parts are
generic. But I haven't noticed any potential savings. And the guy at the
auto parts store will never know squat about your car. On my last parts
order I asked for a nut for the fuel tank baffle. Could I get that nut at
the hardware store? Yep, but I got the right nut, right thread, right
material, right away. Actually, I think he didn't even charge me for it.
Plus he knows my car inside and out. I've seen some "I think this will work"
repairs and it ain't pretty. Do it right the first time with the proper
parts and you'll save yourself... or the next owner... a lot of grief.

-Wayne
"Still living the dream!"
The New DeLorean Manuals Project