Re: [DML] need clarification about lasagna heat shield

Re: [DML] need clarification about lasagna heat shield

Walter (and everyone else interested),

I have constructed a S.S. sheet metal (double layer) heat shield to go
between the belts and muffler. There are pictures of this in the files
section of e-groups. I have been running this way for about 2 years now and
have not had any problems. The sheet immediately next to the muffler shows
some slight discoloration only in the one spot that actually touches the
muffler (due to a rivet in the muffler or something). The second sheet,
next to the belts, does not show any heat damage. In fact, it looks the
same as the day I installed it. I made the rearmost sheet with a little
"scoop" at the bottom in an effort to guide air in-between the two sheets
effectively having an air insulation gap. If you have any additional
questions about this, e-mail me privately.

Sean Howley
VIN#2345

<<I was wondering if a piece of sheet metal would work as good, but I
suppose not.>>