Re: DMC Reliability, relative to a Vega :-)

Re: DMC Reliability, relative to a Vega :-)

[MODERATOR'S NOTE: This message was trimmed to avoid excessive quoting. Please trim posts prudently.]

Imho the reliability of the Delorean or any car is directly related
the interest of the owner in caring for the car and the competance of
the mechanic who works on it ( sometimes the same person) with
competancy most important. I have seen some "creative" repairs on all
types of cars by "competant" mechanics which then causes the owner to
not only have to still repair the car correctly but all of the
previous work must be found and undone. On most old cars there have
been several sets of "hands" or different mechanics sometimes trying
to fix the same trouble with each one adding to the problem usually
by not repairing it correctly. Ask any Delorean sevice center and
they
can tell you of their favorite "horror stories" of how owners spent
large amounts of money and had nothing but trouble until it was
brought into their shop and propery diagnosed and repaired. Any well
maintained car serviced by knowledgable "technicians" will be
trouble-free, Deloreans being no exception.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757 ASE certified Master Automotive Technician

<snip>