Re: [DML] Water deflector for fuel pump

My car came with a CD jewel case installed between the fuel pump boot and
the drain port under the windshield. We all had quite a laugh when we
discovered it at a Delorean meet. That fell out on its own and I replaced
it with a large piece of plastic I cut from a gallon jug of laundry bleach.
This is big, flexible and very effective.

The corrugated tubing sounds like a good idea but probably is unnecessary if
the boot cap is on tight and clamped around the hoses. But on second
thought, one of my original fuel lines got cut (or cracked) from rubbing on
a sharp edge of the fiberglass underbody; although, it was probably ready to
crack from age anyway. That corrugated tubing might help protect the new
one.

I ran my car out of gas last night so that I can get the tank cleaned out.
The bracket, clamp and fuel return pipe rusted pretty bad and left debris in
the tank. When the fuel pump starts sucking air, it sounds like a dirt
dauber building a nest. Either that or someone drinking a wasp milk shake.
My fuel pump is noisy anyway. I plan on replacing it today as well.

Walt Tampa, FL