Re:Delorean fires...

In a message dated 12/10/00 10:40:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
gzen21@xxxx writes:

<< I can assure you the switch was wired correctly and
the fuse DID NOT do it's job as it did not blow in this incident. >>

I'm wondering if a non-blowing fuse continued to allow a short to glow red
hot until the surrounding area ignited or if a split second spark threw a red
hot ember that smouldered then ignited. The reason I ask... if the first
supposition is correct, then immediately pulling over and killing the battery
power could possibly stop a fire from breaking out. Anyone else have
thoughts on this?

-Wayne
vin 11174
(thinking I might want a reachable battery cut off switch)