Re: Fire-Extiguishers (was Deja-Vu: Frightening Experience)

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "B Benson" <delornut@xxxx> wrote:
> Use a Halon fire extinguisher. The Halon displaces the oxygen and
> leaves no mess afterwards.

I know, I'd rather have bought Halon too...
Unfortunately it's a poisonous gass and therefor it's
not allowed to make, fill and sell them anymore over here...

> I keep mine in the mounting bracket attached to the floor
> just ahead of the emergency brake handle where I can get
> to it in any situation.

Great idea, I'll check that out next time I drive my car;
I have it garaged 10 miles from my house, so I can't
judge if mine will fit there without getting my feet
entangled in the bits of the handle and/or pressure-meter.
I had thought of mounting it against the back-wall, between
my new speakers and free of the carpeting on the parcelshelf.
But when I do this and use the luggage-net I can't get to the
damn thing quick enough!

Letting it lay around on the shelf behind your head isn't a great
idea
either; it slides around (like it does in my trunk at the moment,
making me thing my front suspension was on the fritz) and in a
collision it becomes a heavy projectile. No Thanks! I'll pass on that!

I got mine through my fathers' business; for about $80,-
but that's including an annual checkup for the first 5 years.

At least I can say my car has seen some sort of snow this year ;-)
Best regards,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000