Volvo...

On 30 Nov 2000 08:06:25 -0000, dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Message: 10
> Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 02:02:45 -0500
> From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxx>
> Subject: Need water pump info
>
> I want to replace the water pump on my D and am curious to know which is
the
> best way to go. It seems to be a choice between one that has a
pressed-on
> pulley similar to the original vs. getting a Volvo pump that uses a
bolt-on
> pulley.

Walt,
THe previous owner put a Volvo water pump on my Delorean. Not sure if it
is the same one you're talking about, but it has a second grove on the out
side(for a second belt to an accesory). I guess in some applications, the
water pump(not the camshaft) drives the A/c or Alternator in a version of
the B28 engine.
Anyways, if this pulley is the one you are considering, let me caution
you. THe second grove sometimes contacts the A/C belt. Thus, I have a little
groove in the A/C belt. I'm not sure if this will affect the durability,
since it only contacts intermittantly and I'll probably replace the belt
long before it breaks. I just put the belt on this summer and at least
intially, it works fine. Just something to consider, b/c there's not a lot
of room down around the water pump. BTW, the water pump works great. Car
stays cold, even on the hottest days with very little help from the electric
fans.

Nate

Nathan E. Green
gzen21@xxxx

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88mph you're gonna' see
some serious s--t"
-Doc Brown: "Back to the Future"

Tired of slow Internet? Get @Home Broadband Internet
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html