Eagle Premier 3 Litre engine

At the risk of starting a new thread of endless speculation by folks who
really shouldn't, I'd like to report on a sucessful transplant recently done
in Seattle of an Eagle Premier 3 litre engine into a DeLorean. It was done
by a professional import shop with extensive experience in repairing and
racing the PRV. The DMC crankcase was used in order to provide the correct
motor mounts, along with the oil pan. The 5 speed trans bolted right up, as
did the stock exhaust. There were no modifications to the crankshaft. The
DMC rocker covers did not fit on the Eagle heads, which necessitated
extensive adaption in order to use the stock A/C, alternator, etc. The
owner also opted to go with an aftermarket Electromotive ignition and
electronic fuel injection setup, although I understand the Eagle parts could
probably have been made to work. The undersized Eagle throttle body was
replaced by the larger Volvo B-280 unit. The car has an estimated 170 HP
and considerably improved performance. It was an expensive conversion, but
the owner seems quite pleased with the results. If anyone is interested in
additional information they can contact the person who did the work:

John Lane
Pacific Rim Automotive
PH: 206-632-1175

I have photos in my camera which I will try to post whenever they find their
way out. Maybe in the meantime someone with a digital camera, or the car
owner, will come forward with some.

--
Darryl Tinnerstet
Specialty Automotive