Automatic Transmission pan torque

Help! I just changed out my A/T computer governor and found that there are
no torque specifications listed for the oil pan. Does anyone know what this
is supposed to be? Also, what is the torque for the transmission filter
retaining bolts?

I was thinking about just flushing out the filter since I've heard of that
being done before, but it looks like it would be really hard to do a
thorough job. So I'm planning on opening the thing up like I read on a DML
back issue somewhere long ago. Does anyone have any advice about crimping
it closed using a silted copper tubing? Any suggestions on how to make the
slit?

I found that in order to drop the transmission pan, I had to remove the
clamp holding the coolant tube so I could shift them to either side to get a
clean drop on the pan. That little bit of movement caused a hose to burst
in the front of the car. I consider myself lucky since it could have just
as well broke while on the road.

It's funny how such a simple job gets so darn complicated. If I were the
customer, I would have a hard time putting up with a mechanic as slow as
myself and who suddenly tells me that I need a new set of hoses before the
car moves anywhere!

Later,
Walt Tampa, FL