Brake Light...

Hi all,
Got a question for you. Could someone explain under what conditions the
red "brake" light on the dash would come on? I know it isn't b/c of the
parking brake...the one on mine has been dead for a long time. It came on
while driving the other day. Then went off a minute later. It came on
tonight too, but it was raining out...this car runs like crap in the rain.
So, does this indicate a brake problem, like leakege or a master cyl going
bad?
I have noticed the brake pedal getting a bit soft, esp if you sit on it
for a LONG time(like at a traffic light). The previous owner says the brakes
were done last January. Hmmmm. Also, I see no puddles under the car and the
brake fluid level is OK with no change. Are these two problems linked and
can someone help diagnose. Thanks.

Nate
#10188

Nathan E. Green
gzen21@xxxx

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88mph you're gonna' see
some serious s--t"
-Doc Brown: "Back to the Future"

Tired of slow Internet? Get @Home Broadband Internet
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html