Re: Antenna Question

The best thing to do right away would be to completly clean the mast
several times with a cleaner-lubricant like WD-40. Operate the
antennae several times cleaning it each time. If that does not help
then you are correct that it will fail soon. If you are more ambitious
you could disassemble the mast and clean the drive cable also. The
motor stops when it hits a resistance thinking it is fully up or down.
If the mast asbly is tight it is fooled into thinking it has hit the
end. Usually the drive cable breaks. This is one of the little things
that should be cleaned and lubricated at every service like the door
hinges, hood and engine latches etc. Although not covered in detail
any exceptional service center knows the value of doing these little
things above and beyond what the typical service interval calls for.
In many cases the service interval must be reinterpetated because
mileage by itself is no longer a primary factor in deciding what and
when to do many service tasks. This is why if at all possible you
should either bring your car in to a Delorean center or at least call
for expert advice on how to care for your car and what to order from
them. They have seen cars at all levels of care and know just what to
do. They may even have the service history of your car! Watching them
care for your car will be the best investment you can make and if you
are mechanically inclined and take notes you will learn how to do many
things yourself. At the very least you will build a relationship with
the vender of your choice and will trust them.They can point out
things you wouldn't even be aware of. Another good way is to go to a
tech session or some other event where a Delorean vender is
participating and ask questions, most will be very candid and answer
any reasonable questions.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, Watkins Family <watbmv@xxxx> wrote:
> I've noticed that recently my antenna is not going all the way down
> after I turn off the radio. I doesn't happen all the time however.
It