Re: Vegas Winery Drive & Lake Meade Cruise

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, Mike Substelny <msubstel@xxxx> wrote:
> > DMLers about the winery drive, the Lake Mead cruise, and other
moments
> from the 2000 Expo?

Mike,

Hopefully by the end of the long weekend, I will have an on-line

http://www.delorean-owners.org/events/2000expo.html

Linda Porter and Marcie just returned from an adventurous week in PA.
planning the DOA's 20th anniversary road rally, so I am still waiting
for the official Las Vegas report from Linda. If any DML's have some
neat photos that you like to share on the event, please e-mail them
to me personally at: rdh at hozt.com.

Vegas has sure changed since the last event. The RIO is HUGE, Las
Vegas is HUGE. The larger hotels have everything - FINE SHOPPING,
ENETERTAINMENT, GAMBLING, AND GREAT FOOD. The new Alladin has over 1
mile of shopping stores. Marcie and I wore ourselves out in the 3
days before the EXPO. So much for Vegas.

With just over 150 in attendance at Expo 2000 and about 30 DeLoreans
it was one of the smaller Expos in recent years, but it was an
excellent event. We put on a lot of miles in the two driving events,
The Lake Mead drive - cruise was ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS - it was our own
private boat, the Captain took us very close to the Hoover Dam, even
let some of us 'steer the ship', and we all made it safely to the
dock. We were able to get most of the cars together near the landing
and several photo shots were made as the Cruise Boat came in to the
background.

The winery drive on Saturday took forever to get outside the
sprawling Las Vegas residential tracts, and was a long drive through
Red Rock Canyon and on to Pahrumph. Winery visit was very enjoyable
wine tasting, winery tour, and outstanding lunch. The scenery was not
as nice as the last time we visited the winery, as housing tracts are
being built right up to the parking lot and the wide open spaces
around the winery are no more.

Tech Talks by Rob Grady and Ed Bernstein were outstanding and well
attended by the DeLorean techies.

Saturday's banquet was outstanding with Great Buffet, very
informative presentation on Eurofest 2001 by Robert Lamrock,
Excellent DJ, and Great Raffle Prizes with the German DeLorean model
that's been recently discussed on the DML as the top prize of the
night.

Visit the DOA web-site for more photos and details very soon.

Registration for Eurofest 2001 will be available on the DOA web-site
beginning Jan 1, 2001.

Ray Haug, Internet Director
DeLorean Owners Association