More Storage

It seems that everyone agrees that moisture is bad. So, why would it
not be a good idea to let your car run every week or two? Again, apples
to apples....I let it run a good long time, I don't start it up a for a
few minutes and shut it down right away, that would be insane. Idle
running a car is for keeping the engine oil moving and for moisutre burn
off right? So why would this be bad? The idea of taking it out for a
drive is a good one but is impossible for many of us for numerous
reasons, first being that storage insurance doesn't allow for it.
Secondly the amount of road salt used here in the North is excessive. I
wouldn't dream of exposing my car to it and lastly, in order to get my
three cars in the barn my DeLorean is put in sideways in a back parking
spot that takes about a 15 point turn.

Yes, it does get to -20 or colder here, I, of course, try to avoid
these days to start my car. I leave my drivers side window open and
reach in to open it as the door handles can get very tight. I don't
need a snapped of handle. I think that starting your car is far better
than leaving it sit totally idle for 4-6 months. There are so many
different opinions on this that I guess it comes down to your own
personal preference. I have stored my car the last 2 winters with no
issues of it coming out of storage, my car goes to Rob every year for
work so I know every system is in top peak condition.

New question: to put the car up off it's wheels are jack stands
preferred, if so where should they be placed? Are wood blocks better?
Where would they go? where the jack stand holes are?

Tom
005732 MT

Visit me on the web at:
http://www.geocities.com/outatime81/