Re: [DML] Storage (plus fuel accumulator question)

Re: [DML] Storage (plus fuel accumulator question)

> QUESTION FOR EXPERTS:
> If this is true, it seems I would prefer to store my DeLorean with the
fuel
> accumulator depressurized. The simple solution is to shut the car off
using the
> inertia switch instead of the key. In theory that would leave the spring
in the
> accumulator uncompressed all winter, and the fuel system depressurized.
>
> Is this a good idea?
>
> Would this extend the life of the accumulator as well as make it easier to
> circulate oil in a dry engine, or might it be harmful to the accumulator,
> engine, or both?

Within a period of no more than 36 to 72 hours the fuel rest pressure will
drop to a level that cause the accumulator to completely depressurize,
therefore no special procedure is necessary when shutting the engine down
prior to storage.

> > DOORS:
> > Here's one no one says much about. The absolute best thing to do with
the
> > DeLorean in this area would be to store the car with the doors OPEN.
This
> > releases most of the tension from the torsion bar, releases the tension
from
> > the door struts, and releases the tension from the door seals. Of
course NO
> > ONE does this,
>
> Actually, I did do it last winter. Starting with roughly equal doors, I
left my
> driver's door open and my passenger door closed all winter. By spring, my
> passenger's door was a slightly but noticeably slower to open than my
driver's
> door.
>
> However, my next door neighbor teased me so much about the risk of
> squirrels/skunks/water buffalo spending their winter in my DeLorean that I
> probably will not repeat the experiment.

The torsion bar construction prevents any loss in torque during long term
pre-load.
Concerning the struts, it would be better to remove them during the storage
period.

DMC Joe

"We're here to help you"

De Lorean Services / <dmcjoe@xxxx>