Re: [DML] Question on A/C system

>Steve,

1. What should I suspect/check on my system that would go bad from it
> being dry for some time now?

If moisture has entered the system there is a high probability that the
compressor needs to be replaced.

> 2. Is the new "legal" freon as cold as the old stuff? I have only
> dealt with the older stuff so I can't compare the two.

On average the stock R-12 Freon is colder than the newer R-134. Keep in mind
that you cannot recharge your system with the newer R-134 without
modifications to your AC system

> 3. Can I check for leaks in the system without charging it with
> freon? I know that there are special UV Dyes out there you can inject
> into the system and use a black light to track the leak. Can I use
> this without charging the system or do I have to charge it so I can
> run the A/C to find the leak?

Based on your questions you would be better off bringing your DeLorean to an
AC service facility where they have all of the equipment necessary to
perform all of the above. Keep in mind that the DeLorean AC system is a GM
design and can be serviced by any competent repair facility. Just be sure to
include a copy of the AC workshop and parts manual pages when you bring you
"D" in.

Also keep in mind that service to the sealed (freon) system requires
government certification.

"We're here to help you"

DMC Help / De Lorean Services / <dmchelp@xxxx>
Web Site: <www.deloreanservices.com>