Variety Car Shows

My car shows experience might not be typical. I live a long ways from any major city and it is not possible for us to even consider DeLorean ONLY shows. I have had my car 3 1/2 years and the first year went to a car show I always attend, about 30 miles from home. I always park near the entrance and did so this time as usual....the people running the show came out in a hurry and told me to go on inside. I declined at first as I had no intention of entering the show. The car was not freshly washed and a few bugs on the front from the drive. They said they wanted the car inside and would not charge me anything....we finally decided to move it to the show area....there were around 350 cars of every description. I relented and paid the $10 entrance fee anyway. I knew nothing about car judging but they figured I should enter the Unrestored Original category. I found later that there were 82 cars entered in this class. I left early, but after the judging. Two weeks later someone called me to congratulate me on winning the first place trophy!! (it was in the local paper) What a nice surprise. I DO always try to keep the car immaculate but it is a daily driver. I enjoy the "notoriety" so use it to go get a loaf of bread or a quart of milk instead of using any of my other cars. It had 3K miles on it when I got it and up to 8k now and still looks and smells new. I have NEVER washed it! I like that statement. My grandson always washes it for me and is extremely careful in doing so and does a perfect job....not a spec of dirt between the spokes and washes under the wheel wells and I even caught him washing the INSIDE of the exhaust extensions!

Since that time I have entered a very few shows each year and have won some first places but I think they are getting a bit blase' about the DeLorean now and the novelty is wearing off....I got third place last year!! Anyway, the MOST fun about it is sitting in our lawn chairs nearby and fielding questions and listening to comments. I have made up a
"sandwich board" with all kinds of interesting photos and facts for people to see. FWIW Dept.

Murray Fisher
Vin: 05962 Lic DMC-XII