New custom shocks

I got a new set of custom shock absorbers from PJ Grady (front and rear).
They are nitrogen charged with schrader valves to adjust the pressure. The
rear shocks have a captive snap ring to adjust the rear height in aprox 1/4
inch increments. So far it's the best setup I've seen to replace the OEM
shocks. They are custom made specifically for the Delorean with a lot of
attention paid to detail. They are even meticulously painted gray to match
the originals.

I'm in the process of installing these and thought that while I'm at it I
would consider installing shock dust boots over them. My question to the
list is that I would like to know if there is enough room between the shocks
and coil springs (front and rear) for dust boots to fit without binding.

I live at the end of a long dirt driveway with a lot of fine sand that kicks
up everywhere. Every time I wash the car, I rinse gritty sand out of the
engine compartment. If sand gets up that high in the car, I'm wondering if
it would get in the shocks as well? Probably not, but I'm curious what
other people think.

Walt Tampa, FL