Re: oil filters - which one for a D?

I agree that with Dave in supporting our well deserved Delorean parts
vendors and purchasing parts through them. I don't agree with storing
any car without changing the oil. Oil tends to "clump" after being
used and has been sitting for a period of time. Before storing any
car for long period of time, friends of mine like to do the following:

1. Change the oil and filter. After changing it run the engine a
little so it will coat the internal parts with a fresh coat of new
oil.

2. Jack the car up and support it safely so that it is at least a few
inches off the ground. (enough that the wheel aren't touching the
ground) This will prevent your tires from "egging". Egging means that
the tire deforms a little in the shape of an egg sort to speak if it
sits in the same spot for long periods of time with weight on it. If
this happens you're tires will be out of balance and wobble when you
take it out of storage.

3. Remove the spark plugs one by one and "fog" the cylinders with
some Marvel Mystery oil and put the spark plugs back in. To fog the
cylinders you can by a disposable CO2 charged sprayer ($5) at Home
Depot, fill it with some oil and spray it into the cylinders. The
sprayer has a glass jar attached to a CO2 cartridge, found in the
paint section. This will prevent any moisture that gets into the
cylinder from forming any surface rust on the cylinder walls. Also
give it a little protection from when you first fire up the engine
after storage. I recommend to use the Marvel Mystery oil because it
will burn off cleanly, I guess you can also use WD40 but I've never
done it.

4. Disconnect the battery to prevent battery drainage. Nothing sucks
more than trying to crank your car and finding out the battery is
dead.

If you are going to store the car for longer than the winter season
(eg, a few years) Than I would flush out the brake fluid with fresh
new fluid. Brake fluid like to absorb moisture and can ruin sensitive
brake components.