Re: no dash lights

David,

Same thing happened to me when I got my car... the guy who had it
before me thought the car didn't have any dash lights. Do this quick
check before looking for shorts in the system. check out the
rheostat that controls the dimming of the inst. cluster (on console
in front of a/c panel). Mine was going in a complete circle and
didn't adjust the brightness at all. My solution was to remove the
console cover, and check out the rheostat. There are four spade
connectors on the device, and three wires that go into it. One is
the power wire, another goes to the headlight and hazard switch
lights, and the third is a variable resistance level for the dash.
Move the dash connector one space over to the empty slot on the
rheostat. You'll be able to figure it out real easy when you see it
and when you hit the right connection - bingo! The rheostat still
spins, but at least I have super bright inst. lights -- which i never
needed to dim before anyway.

An easy solution without having to buy a new rheostat, or jumper any
wires.

good luck-

ben
#06976

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, Delorean17@xxxx wrote:
> Hello List,
> I took my car out at night for the first time last week and
noticed the
> lights that light up the dash gages are not working.(4 across top I
think) I