Who wants a Backlit Dash???

I have recently been taking apart my instrument cluster to see the total
involvement in making a backlit dash. After finding it to be a bit more
involved than I hoped for, (and frying an IC on my tach.), I talked to a
person who has worked with this stuff before. It turns out that this
person could help me considerably, and end up with a final product
looking 99% stock. It will also be possible to have several different
speedometer faces. A stock 85, 140, or 170 will all be possible.
Metric faces would also be possible if requested. To stay similar with
the center console, all white lettering will be illuminated green, and
the orange, red, and blue will illuminate with their respective colors.
I am also considering illuminating the "DMC" logo on the left side. And
finally, the white needles will illuminate, in white.

Now here is where all of you come into play. I realize that some of you
have ordered the digital dash from Dakota Digital for about $800, and
this is a very similar situation. Due to the initial cost of making the
custom faces out of special plastic, I would need an initial order of 20
dashes to make this all possible. If I get 20 orders or more, the price
would be around $250 dollars. This would be a nice way to get the dash
to look more modern at a fraction of the cost of an all digital one, not
to mention your choice of a speedo face. There is one other catch, this
should be a 99% reversible mod, but you would need to send me your WHOLE
assembled binnacle to install it. Installation should take about 1-2
weeks. It would probably take a few months for development, so
unfortunately it may not be ready before winter storage season is over.

I ask that anyone who would be interested in this, to email me
directly. My email is ultra"at"isd.net. Just remember, this is still
all preliminary, but if I get 20 interested people, there is a good
chance this will happen.
--
Jim Reeve <Ultra>
'81 DeLorean-#6960