Re: Frequency valve

You can hear the freq valve standing next to the car with the engine
cover closed as long as you don't have a horrible exhaust leak. If it
is buzzing like an angry cricket the circuit is probably working but
for a further check use a dwell meter at the diagnostic plug. Look up
in the workshop manual M:03:01 pin 3 + and pin 2 ground. The value is
not as important as that the dwell should vary about 10 degrees
indicating that it is hunting about the "stochiometric mixture" or the
optimum fuel air ratio. You can also test the micro switch at full
throttle it should increase the dwell and be steady. Your exact dwell
reading will vary due to the mixture adjustment setting of your car.
Refer to D:04:15. You do not need a scope to do ordinary
toubleshooting but it does impress the customers!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Walter" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
> I agree with John Hervey on this one. You really need an
oscilloscope to