Re: Auto. Trans Problem

You should refer to the primary reference; The Delorean Workshop
Manual. pn 113096 Section: transmission: subsection automatic page
G:05:03 Transmission fluid pressure adjustment. Without going into
complete detail there is no chart, the pressure at 2,500 rpm's is to
be 8 bar plus-minus .2 (113 plus-minus 3psi)at 80 degeees C (176F)
in drive with wheels turning.If you do not know how to do this
adjustment get someone with a lift and pressure guage. This is an
important setting especially on a newly rebuilt trans. If you cannot
get to 8 bar then you have a problem inside if you are doing the
adjustment correctly and your gauge is accurate. Running with low
pressure will allow the brakes and clutch packs to slip and burn up.
If there is too much internal leakage the fluid pump won't keep up
hence low pressure. You could have damaged a seal in reassembly.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757