Fwd: Hauling new DeLoreans

I got this email from a guy who used to haul DeLoreans to the dealers when they were new. I thought others on the list might find it interesting...

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company
Houston, Texas

281/568-9573
800/USA-DMC1
http://www.delorean.com

Dear James; I wish now that I'd had the foresight to purchase a
DeLorean in 1983. $25000 doesn't seem so much for a car nowadays, but it was
a little too scary back then. At least I was able to drive and transport what
we called "the poor mans' Ferrari", hauling out of Port Newark. I primarily
hauled Chryslers and Volkswagens out of Western Penna. Out of the east,
German VW's , Mercedes, Mazdas, DeLoreans and a few Ferraris were backhauls
for me. I still remember the first load of DeLoreans I had picked up in, of
all places, a closed car dealers'lot in Bridgeport (?) N.J. Due to a contract
dispute with the Longshoreman's' Association (from what I understand),the
cars had to be transported off of Port Newark pier inland to satisfy a
contractual obligation. I had to load at night (we could load 24 hrs.) off
my own skids in a gravel lot with only a night watchman for company. Took me
about 3 hours to load 7 cars. The next day was like the circus had come to
town. As I was going down the highway; I was photographed, waved at and ogled
by lots of people. Stopping to get a cup of coffee was an hour long
procedure. I'm sure, if I had some literature and sales contracts, I could
have sold all 7 before I got to the dealers' lot. Unloading the cars gave
me an audience of about 30 people . It was quite a bit of fun , and one of
the reasons I enjoyed hauling new cars. In all, I had hauled 7 loads of
DeLoreans, the last load going to St. Paul, Minn. and every load was like the
first. Memories.........memories....... Anyway, good luck with your
endeavour. Maybe someday I'll be contacting you for parts. Thank you. Tom