Prospective buyer questions

Hello all,
I hope this isn't an annoying post, but I'm seriously looking into purchasing
a Delorean in the near future and wanted to get actual owner input. Reading
specs is one thing, the intangibles are another.
I'm not a stick fan, so any input from automatic owners would be greatly
appreciated. Is there any major difference in performance between the two?
One thing I would probably want to do is upgrade if possible. If anyone out
there can tell me about what upgrades you can do the engine - ie, are the
twin turbos still available, etc. - that'd be awesome.
Finally if anyone out there lives in the Chicago area and is selling, please
get in touch with me. I'd love a chance to drive/get a good luck at a
Delorean.
Thanks for reading and for your time! If you would be willing to reply to me
directly rather than to the list, that works.
Dan
BluRoom@xxxx

[Moderator Note: Dan, the DML covered these very subjects within the last few weeks, so you might not get any responses. Do not be discouraged if this happens. You can still read those discussions at the eGroups website]