Idle speed regulator question.

I have a question about the idle speed regulator. On all the
DeLorean's that I've looked at, I've noticed that there are 2
versions of the idle speed regulator: A black one, and a gold/brass
colored one. On every DeLorean I've seen that has the black on
installed (including mine), the engine comes down quickly from a rev,
then dips below 700 rpm's. When the happens the engine always
shutters and almost dies. Most time it is so bad that the alternator
warning light will sometimes illuminate. On the car's w/the gold
colored units, the engine always comes down gently to it's idle and
never goes below 750± rpm's. My question is this: 1. Does anyone know
the BOSCH # for this 2nd version? 2. Which version do the parts
suppliers ship?

-Robert