Re: rough idle

For the idle first check that the idle switch is working when the
throttle spool hits it (check with a meter). Make sure that the 3
screws on the intake are lightly screwed all the way in. Next make
sure there is power to the lambda circuit, the most common failure is
a bad lambda relay. Check all of the inputs to the lambda computer and
connections to the frequency valve. Gas mileage for the automatic is
less than for the 5 speed. On my most recent trip to Rhode Island it
was mostly highway driving and I got about 20 mpg. City driving is
probably about 16-17. If the idle is still rough you probably will
wind up replacing the plugs and ignition wires. You might also have a
dirty injector, If they are all not putting out a good spray and the
same amount the engine will not run smooth at idle but will get
smoother as the rpm's increase.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Jeff Angwin" <jeff@xxxx> wrote:
> It runs well except that at idle it's rough. It starts just fine,
but the idle RPM's fluctuate between 600 and 1000, every second or so.