Re: [DML] My glorious return

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, DMC Joe wrote:

> To test the idle speed microswitch operation; with the engine turned off,
> have an assistant push and release the accelerator while you listen for a
> "click" back at the engine compartment. If you don't hear a click the switch
> is out of adjustment.

Ok, a click was heard. Grounding didn't affect the idle spped at all. It
was noted that the upper portion of the microswitch could be lifted,
reulting in (obviously) the lower portion dropping out from under the
lever. I assume this is normal?

> If you do hear a "click" start the engine and ground the black/green
> wire connected to the microswitch. If the idle drops to normal the
> microswitch is defective.

Given the above, I assume this means that the problem is in the ECU? Or
could it be something else?

Thanks for the help, by the way. I do appreciate it. :)

--noah

"Where's my fruit cup?" "Behind the bison."
-- Kevin & Kell (Sept 22, 1995)