Re: [DML] RE: defroster switch exploded

Thanks Darryl,
I agree with you. The car is meant to be driven and driven safely. There
is no better promotion of the Marque then getting these cars out there and
having them seen at shows or just in general. Creating interest in the car
by it being seen, creates new enthusiasts who more often than not then become
the next generation owners. The more the car is promoted the more it will
become desired among collectors, and in turn the more it will lead eventually
to the cars value increasing. The DeLorean is in actuality a very limited
production automobile. Right now there are more for sale then there are
people looking to buy one however. I enjoy taking my car out to events as
much as possible and talking with people about it and hearing people say, "I
haven't seen one of those in twenty years. I didn't know any were still
around." I have also seen people so interested they start asking where to
find one and what to look for. I have seen a couple people become owners
from becoming interested in the car by seeing myself or other club members at
shows. Concours is a nice event. However personally I prefer to try to have
the car look concours cosmetically, but mechanically be updated in every area
possible where a better replacement part is available. I believe there are
enough cars sitting in storage already either forgotten about, neglected, or
those who have had them for a while and are hoping they will rise in value.
Having them seen and driven and shown helps us all to make the DeLorean worth
more by knowledgeable owners such as ourselves promoting the marque and
answering questions and dispelling the myths so many people think are truths
about the DeLorean. Everyone has the right to use their cars and treat them
as they wish. However if I wanted to treat my car as an artifact I would put
it in my living room. I much prefer getting behind the wheel and driving it,
and knowing it isnt going to break down on me. Hopefully :) Just my opinion.

Gary Gore
Activities Director
DeLorean Mid Atlantic
VIN 3360