VIN 4512

Hello,
I've received some e-mails over the past 3 months asking the
condition of VIN 4512. As some of you know, I was "alone" in
Cleveland. My Delorean was in the presents of Micah Fryman and Marty
Maier getting a lot done to it. As of this Saturday (Oct28)
everything that we wanted completed is DONE! The car looks, feels,
and performs totally different now.
My car was pretty much a complete disaster, and I didn't know
it.(DON'T BUY THE FIRST CAR YOU FIND, unless it's really good)
Starting from the front of the car, this is what was done.

All new suspension, except the springs. The shocks are from the Mid
State DMC Club and are great!! The steering rack was rebuilt and is
perfect. Mine was so bad that it's amazing I'm not dead. They said
it was the worst "working" steering rack they've seen.
I also had my fascias repainted

I also had just about every cooling and fuel line/hose replaced
because mine were dry rotted and cracked.

My transmission was leaking so that was rebuilt. My clutch was
soaked in oil, so that was replaced.

The engine was taken apart, cleaned, painted, and then put back
together. While doing that, everypart that had wear on it was
replaced. So my engine performs like a champ now. I put on an '82
muffler with the cool tips on it.

My electrical compartment was a mess, so that was redone and now I'm
safe :)

As far as interior goes, my seats were redone, headliners replaced
and my carpet was cleaned.

All this was completed by the beginning of September. but this past
weekend we needed to do more work to it (the tranny was still
leaking).
I had my parts car at Micahs house, so he took the tranny from that
and had it all ready for us. I left my house early Friday morning
with the Delorean on my flatbed. 7 hours later we got to Micahs
house. Rolled the D off the trailer and started to work. We decided
to just drop the transmission instead of pulling the engine and
tranny out. We started work at around 6pm...at 12am the tranny was
out. Called it a day and started working again Saturday morning. To
make a really long story short, that evening we got the "new"
Transmission in and everything re-adjusted. Replaced the clutch
again because it was soaked.
Sunday morning we made our 7 hour trek back home to Michigan with the
parts car on the trailer and me in the Delorean. The car performed
beautifully! Not a single problem. All my gauges were where they
needed to be, my gas milage was perfect..about 26MPG. Best of
all...no leaks.
So, that were 4512 stands now. gradually it is coming back from the
dead.
Thanks to Micah and Marty for putting in the long months getting my
car back on the road and making it safe.

Erik Geerdink
4512