Re:1982 DMC is concours?

---
Regarding Fascias and concourse judging, I think all of the original
fascia will show a tape mark from the original packing that was used
to protect the DeLorean in transport (it may only be visible in
certain lighting and at a correct viewing angle). The tape was
installed at the factory!
So shouldn't a car that is truly original have points taken off if the
fascias have been painted and are missing these marks? Which is more
correct, a freshly painted fascia that looks perfect or an original
one
that has what looks like a defect but is certainly more original and
correct then a perfect fascia?

When I was first trying to understand Concourse judging I found a
description that said something to the effect that in a 300 point
competition a brand new Porch right off the show room floor would
probably be a 150 point car. A concourse car is not only what the car
is but also what it should be.

I think James Espey has done a great job with his concourse judging
manual and has given us all a great bench mark for us all to use as a
standard point of reference. Certain items will always be subjective
and maybe even controversial. I don't think it is possible to come up
with an absolutely correct standard.
At least now there is a published standard for DeLorean Concourse
judging and if you want to win you try to meet that standard
regardless of what you think is right or how it should be.

If this were a black and white issue there would be no need for judges
at all.

Mike D.
Vin 3113
NY Lic DLORIANN