Variation

This week my DeLorean developed a vibration that would occur during braking.

I checked each of the four rotors to see if they were warped, but I was
surprised to find that they all appeared to be fine. Puzzled about this, I
dug deeper. Pulled out the rear trailing arm bolts, to make sure they were
still in good shape, which they were. Still puzzled that I was unable to
locate my problem, I put the car back together for a test drive. Same
results, vibration during braking.

Took the wheels off again and check the rotors' run out again. Same results,
could not find one warped. All appeared to be fine. Now the rotors were a
bit shiny, so I started pulling the brake pads and found that all the pads
were glazed over. I removed the glaze on the pads with sandpaper and
reassembled and tested the car. Perfect, no vibration at all.

I would have never thought that a set of glazed brake pads would have cause
a vibration problem, but it was the only thing that I changed on the car.
Just thought that I would share this with the list, just incase someone was
experiencing the same problem.
Robert Starling
Vin#5252.