Engine cranks, no start

Look at this! I don't even own a 'D' and I'm posting problem
messages...

Went to look at a 'D' today. The car is in great shape, has less
than 16k miles on it, and only has one problem.

It won't start. The engine has spark, and if you spray ether into
the intake, it fires. Basicly it's not getting any fuel. I tried
checking the fuel pump to see if thats working, it is. There is fuel
getting into the fuel distributor, so I am thinking it is the fuel
injectors. Has anyone had a similar problem? Can anyone offer a
remedy or an idea of what it will cost to fix? If it will set me back
less than $600, I'll buy the car. DMC Joe? help, please?

The car hasn't been run for about 6 months, before that, the owner
used to drive his grandkids around the block in it every week or so.
It was drained of fuel before sitting, and I put about half a gallon
of gas in it, and a new battery. Now it turns over fine, and will run
if there's ether, so I'm sure it's a fuel problem.

thanx