1982 DMC for sale

Hi List,

I'm giving serious thought to selling my pride and joy (1982, black
interior, 5 speed, light grey carpet, VIN 11546) and would like to know
if
anyone on the list may be interested. It's a special car...I
purchased it about 3 years ago from the daughter of the owner who had
passed
away but had bought it new in Grand Rapids, MI. The car had barely been
used
and had sat for about 10 years in his garage in Muskegon, MI I was part
of the list at that time so I
had a good sense of what to do and not to do with a car that had been
sitting for that length of time.

The car was perfect with 2200 actual miles (no broken angle drive here)
with tires that were like
new, seats showing no wear, etc. I knew the miles were legitimate. I
didn't
"steal" the car ...I paid her $22,500 which was a fair price for a D in

that condition. I trailered the car home and began the clean up and
upgrading process including dropping the tank, replacing injectors,
filter
and cleaning all fuel lines. While I was at it I replaced the water
pump
(Grady) and all hoses beneath the manifold and under the car. All the
parts
taken off the car (clamps, hoses, etc were saved). I literally replaced
any
part/bolt/component that was tarnished, rusted or scratched (all from
DMC
Houston). I went a little crazy on my quest for absolute
perfection...New
front and rear facias, new louvre, etc. Nothing wrong with the old
ones, I
just wanted them perfect. In fact, I sold the front and rear facias to

owners in California and Michigan and they mounted them on their cars
without any refinishing at all. You can ask Warren, he once said I was
their biggest customer that first year. I spared absolutely no expense
in
getting this car perfect. The original wheels and tires (perfect) were

even put away and another delorean set were purchased and Goodyear
tires
mounted on them the originals come with the car). I also performed the
following upgrades: Fanzilla, Tankzilla and Lockzilla, relays, braided
clutch cable, metal overflow tank (have the perfect original), Rear
light
boards (Grady), OEM splash shields, OEM rear shocks, headliners and
many,
many more OEM bolts nuts, seals, struts, etc. I even put a new air
conditioning compressor and exhaust on it because I didn't like the
finish
that was on the old. All OEM, of course from Houston. Again, anything
that
didn't look new was replaced with OEM new. Warren even allowed me to
drive
to Columbus to pick out my new louvres (I have the old ones too). I
have
collected a wide range of books and brochures on the car and have the
cleaning kit, lighted key (not cut), luggage rack (not mounted),
stainless
labels (not mounted). I also have the following new spares waiting for
the
day that they will be needed...angle drive, accumulator, water pump,
wiper
blades and trailing arm bushings/bolts. I have a car cover and a set of
black mats and grey mats from DMC Houston. Maybe my wife is right...I'm
crazy.

There are now about 2400 miles on the car... and it's still in the same
condition...mint, like new. I start it once a week and take it around
the
block if it's sunny. I'd feel secure driving this car anywhere.
EVERYTHING
works on the car and always has. The only items that are not original
are
the water pump pulley, the oil pressure sender and the door seals
(Delorean
1, on the door seals). The front suspension could use a cleanup
(detailing... toothbrush stuff)
and I'll probably get around to that in a little while but thats it.
There
is no rust visable or lurking anywhere. I have all receipts.

I'm sticking with what I paid for it as a firm price...$22,500. I could
ask
$24,500 and come down a couple thousand but please don't ask me to go
below
$22,500...I can't bring myself to do that. At that, someone will get
one
heck of a car that they don't have to do anything to except keep the
stainless clean and drive and show. If anyone is interested in talking
about the car, please e-mail me at mccombc@xxxx

I live just outside of Detroit in case you are in the neighborhood. By
the
way, what am I getting next? what else, a 1953 Indian bike...my next
dream
toy. Of course, I'll have to make it perfect.

Thanks,
Cliff McComb