Re: Bleeding the clutch

Before you start to bleed the clutch, what exactly is the problem
that you're having with it? If when you shift gears and the tranny
grinds it could mean one of the following things: contaminated DOT 4,
air in the lines, plastic clutch line expanding, shift linkage needs
adujstment, or maybe something else. But if you do need to,
instructions can be found on page E:06:01 of the Workshop Manual. The
bleeder screw itself is located on the side of slave cylinder on the
passenger side of the car. A picture of it can be found on page 4:4:1
of the Parts Manual. Just be sure that you don't pour used brake
fluid that you bleed out back into the reservoir to fill the system
up. And of course make sure the engine has had time to cool down
since your hands will only be a few inches from the front exhaust
pipe and the engine block itself. Other then that it's a pretty
straight forward procedure.

-Robert
vin 6585