Re: Hidden treasure-Good Delorean Story

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Rob Hook" <robhook@xxxx> wrote:
> I just bought one from DMC Houston (I assume it's one of Lee's
> reproductions) and they are really nice. Haven't had it cut yet
though and
> I'm a little nervous about them screwing it up. What a waste THAT
would be!
> Can't wait to see the ones with the lights in them.
>
> --Rob Hook

orignal Keys,and all I had to do was give them my VIN number (this
was in 1982 at a Delorean Dealer)and they quickly made me up a set of
orignal keys.(I had bought a parts car and it came with no keys.)

KEY STORY

One of the Deloreans that I bought was supposed to be a Stolen
Recovered car,and typical of most stolen cars the ignition switch was
broken out with a blunt object,so as to be able to be started up with
a plier or screwdriver,but the funny thing about it was, when I
removed the Drivers seat from the car,underneath the seat(as you know
there is no room to put your arm/hand under the seat,if you drop
something under the seat) I found the ignition switch that had been
broken off under the seat,that they broke off in order to be able to
steal the Delorean,BUT THE KEY was still in the ignition switch,what
that was,was the "smoking gun"it proved that the owner or someone
was "payed"
to "steal" the car and make it look as if it was stolen when it was
recovered.(for insurance payoff)Because there is no reason to break
off a ignition switch if the key is there.The car at the time was
less than six months old from new (1981).

Claude
000570