      1. Destroying the DeLorean image.
           From: "Robert Rooney" <dmcvegas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: Testing Used Fuel Pump
           From: "jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx " <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Re: Testing Used Fuel Pump
           From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe@xxxxxxx>
      4. Re: Testing Used Fuel Pump
           From: dherv10@xxxxxxx
      5. Re: Re: "Fixing my speedometer" -With Angle Drive Blues!
           From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe@xxxxxxx>
      6. Front Shocks
           From: James Espey <james@xxxxxxxxxx>
      7. lower link  # 105177
           From: john_jordan@xxxxxx
      8. Main Wiring Circuit
           From: billschaferabn@xxxxxxx
      9. first problem - help please!
           From: David Cox <dmcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     10. 0 - 60 in how long?
           From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
     11. Starting A New Club
           From: "John Hervey" <dherv10@xxxxxxx>
     12. DMC12's in Australia
           From: "Webmaster - Michael Robinson" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     13. Hidden treasure-Good Delorean Story
           From: billschaferabn@xxxxxxx
     14. Re: MCC AutoFest - Evansville
           From: "Jake" <jkampho@xxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 22:03:16 -0000
   From: "Robert Rooney" <dmcvegas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Destroying the DeLorean image.

[MODERATOR'S NOTE: The following met my criteria for a first-hand
factual and objective account, but should not be seen as an invitation
for the list to go berzerk again.]

Last weekend a friend told me that he had found a DeLorean that was
for sale near my house. He asked me to go along with him to take a
look at the car for him because he was interested in purchasing the
car for himself. Long story short, the car had some SERIOUS problems
with the automatic transmission, and in the end he decided not to buy
the car. But it wasn't because of the problems with the car. Due to
the extent of the problems with the tranny, he was willing to even
purchase a new one if need be because he really liked the car, and
the owner was flexible with the asking price. What changed his mind
was when he placed a call to DeLorean One. When he called yesterday,
Ed answered the phone. All he said was that he had was looking at a
car that appeared to have some serious transmission problems. And in
the worst case, what would it cost to rebuild and/or replace the
transmission entirely? And Ed's response as he interrupted him
was: "Well, I have a PAYING customer in front of me right now, so
goodbye." And he then hung up on him. I don't recommend that anyone
go out and purchase a DeLorean, because it is alot of responsibility.
I always say that if they really want one they need to read up on the
car and learn more about it first, and then decide for themselves.
But for someone who is looking into buying a item that they've always
wanted (especially their own dream car), having someone like Ed
shatter that dream in a split second due to a snotty remark such as
that can be very crushing. The point of my letter: I've seen alot of
talking about who or what is a problem. Some have said that the DML
has caused prices to plummet. And I've even seen postings elsewhere
that things such as Project Vixen are killing the image of the
DeLorean as well. None of this is true! They have helped to promote
the image of the car as well as make it more of a reality. People
like Ed Bernstein are the ones that are destroying the car with their
egos, attitudes, and business practices. In the end, I introduced my
friend here to the DML. He's still looking around and learning more
about the car. Although much more hesitant then before. Maybe the
damage that was done could be healed, who knows... He has now been to
both the Vixen site, and here to the DML. Both have shown him that
the car is repairable, and that if he needs help it is readily
available. However, because of DeLorean One he is less likely now to
purchase ant D in general (destroyed image), and the man who was
selling the car has now lost a sale (his car has lost value). Just a
counterpoint in a long, ongoing debate to think about...

-Robert vin 6585

Message: 2