Plesent Experience(was Re: Delorean Image)

On 12 Oct 2000 13:45:52 -0000, dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Last weekend a friend told me that he had found a DeLorean that was
> for sale near my house. He asked me to go along with him to take a
> look at the car for him because he was interested in purchasing the
> car for himself....What changed his mind
> was when he placed a call to DeLorean One. When he called yesterday,
> Ed answered the phone. All he said was that he had was looking at a
> car that appeared to have some serious transmission problems. And in
> the worst case, what would it cost to rebuild and/or replace the
> transmission entirely? And Ed's response as he interrupted him
> was: "Well, I have a PAYING customer in front of me right now, so
> goodbye." And he then hung up on him. I don't recommend that anyone
> go out and purchase a DeLorean, because it is alot of responsibility.

Hi,
I have a story also. I had a problem with my cooling fans.(The first
problem since I got my D as a 1st time owner) I thought it was a fan relay
problem. Called two Delorean places, got put on hold or the service refused
to help me if I didn't know the exact part I needed.(Names of the
establishments are witheld so there is no feeding frenzy).
Then I called Don Steger at DMC in CA. He was very plesent. He helped me
troubleshoot the problem and even handled a couple followup phone calls.
Turned out to be a bad fan circuit breaker. An EXTREMELY pleasent
experience. Kudos to you Don. You will always be the #1 person I will call
when I need parts/advice. I definently recommend others do the same. Don
knows what quality means and he deserves business because of it.

Nathan E. Green
gzen21@xxxx

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88mph you're gonna' see
some serious s--t"
-Doc Brown: "Back to the Future"

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html