RE: [DML] I broke my own speed-o-meter :-(

RE: [DML] I broke my own speed-o-meter :-(

Sacha wrote,

I decided to unscrew the top part of the speed-o-meter cable (connected to
that little yellow box) to see if it was lubricated enough and screwed it
back (I generally enjoy unscrewing things and then screwing them back).
However now my speed-o-meter is dead, *sigh*. Apparently I broke something
(or wrongly assembled it). Anyone have an idea what I could do to fix a
previously perfectly working speed-o meter?
This is quite a simple fix and could happen to anyone. What you have done
is, missed the hole. Unscrew it again and disconnect the cable. Now put it
back together, making sure that the cable is centered when putting it back
together. Your speed-o should be working once again.

Robert Starling,
Vin#5252