Re: Direct Hits Ignition System with MSD (was 30,000 mile maintenence)

Re: Direct Hits Ignition System with MSD (was 30,000 mile maintenence)

Hey Walt, I don't plan on installing any kind of MSD control box,
just a direct replacement coil to go under the cover in the engine
compartment. But along with my tuneup, I am getting a Direct Hits
Ignition System. I remember a while ago someone here put these in
their DeLorean and was quite pleased. When I read that, I decided to
buy some for my car of the time, an '89 Ford Probe. Unfortunately, I
noticed no difference. However, 1/2 a year later I put the same
stuff (only designed for the different car) into my '91 Eagle Talon.
I noticed an incredible difference on that car. So I'm going to
gamble and get this system (which includes plugs and wires) for part
of my tuneup. This will be along side the MSD coil, so even though
there will be a 5 or 6 month gap between driving stock and driving
the tuneup (we've got some pretty long winters here in Minnesota), I
hope to notice an impressive difference. For those of you who have
no idea what I'm talking about, go to http://www.directhits.com, (no
endorsment here, just giving out info).

Jim Reeve
'81 DeLorean #6960