Re: 30,000 mile maintenence

Just a couple of quick questions:

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe@xxxx> wrote:
> Unless you don't mind changing all of the transmission seals and
gaskets you
> would be probably better off leaving this off your list.

Is this for the automatic transmission or the manual? On the manual,
I can't imagine that much hasle for just 2 bolts (drain/fill).

> You might want to think twice about changing your Bosch ignition
coil.
> Although the MSD may offer slightly better ignition spark the Bosh
unit has
> a "0" failure rate, almost unheard of in the automotive parts
business.
<SINP>
> The Impulse Coil has an extremely low failure that is not age
related. We
> suggest to leave it as is.
<SNIP>
I admit that I'm not an ASE certified mechanic, and I am still
learning. But I'm a little fuzzy on something here. I know what the
ignition coil is, but what exactly is an impulse coil? Is that the
wire that connects between the ignition coil and the distributor?
Just wanted to clarify...

-Robert