Re: [DML] Fanzilla and VOltage problem

Joe,
#1.Have you cleaned all your battery and battery ground connections.
#2. Did you tighten the b+ bolt on the back of the alternator. That's where
all the
brown wires come together, If it's not clean and tight then you will
get a low volt
reading.
#3. The main relay may need the contacts burnished / cleaned. The power for
the
fans when using the Fan Zilla comes thru this relay. I'm not an expert
on the Fan
Zilla, but as I understand it, it just staggers the fans coming on but
does nothing
to lessen the load on the system. Thus you will still have a low volt
reading on
the alternator.
#4. What alternators have you been using. If your swaping out the motorola
and ducy
and they ar all used, then you may be going from bad to bad.
#5. Is the circut breaker for the fans getting hot. If so you may have a fan
motor
going out and it's drawing more current than the system can handle.
Both fans
warm and running will draw about 28 to 30 amps dc.
#6. What about your battery, Is it fully charged. An alternator can't do it's
job without
a fully charged battery.

This is all I can think of for now, and if problem persist then it may be The
Fan Fix and De Lorean 140 alternator time.

John