Digital Dash

Just a wild input on the digital dash idea. A few years ago I owned an UltraVan motorhome with a Corvair engine in the rear under the bedroom floor. It used a speedometer cable about a mile long to go to the dash in the front. One day it broke while I was on a trip. I bought a bicycle digital speedometer/odometer on sale for $19.95 and adapted it to the rig...it just uses a magnet for the pickup/counter unit on any wheel. It is VERY accurate as you just calibrate to the circumference of the wheel by making a mark on your tire and on the pavement and rolling it one turn and punch some buttons. I replaced the cable later, but left this in there and over several years it always continued to work. Just replaced the little watch type battery in it about once a year. Besides the speedo/odo function it has about 6 others that are interesting too.
FWIW Dept
Murray
Vin: 05962
Lic: DMC-XII